Podcasts have exploded in reputation in recent times, with almost one in 5 US adults listening to a podcast in the final month and that determine rising yearly, with an 80% rise in podcast listenership since 2013.
With the podcast bandwagon getting greater and quicker, is it time to start out your personal podcast? What are the technical particulars behind doing one thing like this? How will you use WordPress, and how will you discover the excellent WordPress theme for podcasts?
This submit shall be your complete WordPress podcasting guide, beginning with gear and technical particulars after which focussing specifically on WordPress themes for podcasts.
Earlier than you begin: get the proper gear
Table of Contents
- Earlier than you begin: get the proper gear
- Standards for selecting WordPress themes for podcasts
- One of the best WordPress themes for podcasts
- VideoBox: the greatest for audio & video podcasts
- Presence: versatile WordPress with superior audio playback integration
- Subsequent steps: the right way to arrange VideoBox for podcasts
- Get on with the podcast!
- Subscribe to the WPZOOM e-newsletter.
Should you’re wanting a web site and accompanying WordPress theme for a podcast, you’ll want to really have a podcast to submit. We gained’t cowl intimately the right way to begin a podcast or the gear you’ll want, however we’ll level you in the proper route.
You must begin with content material: the most necessary factor is to have an fascinating, participating podcast which listeners will need to obtain each week. You must nail down a few content-related podcast requirements:
- Predominant theme: what’s your podcast about? That is the most necessary factor on the checklist! This must be one thing particular you possibly can entice an viewers round.
- Particular person subjects: what are you going to debate every episode? This could all match beneath the fundamental theme. You don’t should checklist all the episodes you’ll be recording if you begin, however you need to be capable of checklist ten to twenty episode concepts immediately. If not, your fundamental theme might have tweaking.
- Frequency: how typically will you publish episodes? Day by day, weekly or fortnightly? Batches of episodes launched in seasons?
- Format: what’s the construction of the present? You need the identical format each episode so listeners know what to anticipate.
- Personnel: who’s on the present? Normal choices are solo-hosted, co-hosted, interview format, or roundtable discussions.
You also needs to be fascinated with audio high quality. It’s straightforward to get obsessed about gear and audio high quality, however right here’s the secret: your audio high quality have to be “ok”, however if you’re beginning it needn’t be higher than this.
In observe, this seemingly means you and any co-hosts want an excellent microphone. If and when your podcast takes off, you can begin taking a look at costlier gear. You’ll discover extra about gear and recording on Lifehacker and on the Podcast Host. For an ideal introduction to podcast gear, watch the video under from Pat Flynn, host of the Good Passive Earnings podcast.
With the proper gear in place, let’s transfer on to choosing the excellent WordPress theme for podcasts.
Standards for selecting WordPress themes for podcasts
With the ability to select the proper WordPress theme is an extremely helpful ability (we should always know – we’ve been making WordPress themes since 2009). There are literally thousands of WordPress themes to select from, so how do you discover the greatest?
The best technique for locating WordPress themes is to checklist your standards, shortlist themes you want after which measure them towards these standards. For instance, the greatest WordPress themes for podcasts will fulfill the following standards:
- Nice design! You’ll want to like the look of the theme. This also needs to be responsive design.
- Successfully pitch your podcast: you want to have the ability to create good trying pages explaining what your podcast is and the right way to subscribe.
- Podcast playback integration: guests want to have the ability to hearken to your podcast! This generally is a easy playback button (you can even add this utilizing a plugin), however extra superior integration is preferable.
- Good assist and common updates. If something goes unsuitable, you need to know you may get assist. You must anticipate to pay $50-100 for this yearly as a part of a premium WordPress theme buy (which additionally consists of the premium theme).
Add to those standards the rest that’s best for you, and also you’re nicely set. Let’s now take a look at a few of the themes you can begin utilizing to your podcast.
One of the best WordPress themes for podcasts
There are literally thousands of WordPress themes to select from and selecting the greatest generally is a daunting prospect. We’ve performed the exhausting be just right for you and chosen 5 glorious WordPress themes for podcasts that match all of the above standards so that you can select from.
VideoBox: the greatest for audio & video podcasts
Should you’re creating audio or video podcasts (and even straight-up vlogging), VideoBox is actually the excellent theme to have: you possibly can neatly embed or self host every episode at the prime of every submit, and add a pleasant description under.
VideoBox’s archives are additionally arrange properly for podcasts, so listeners can simply entry older episodes.
The theme will routinely detect hyperlinks from common web sites like SoundCloud, Mixcloud, Spotify, Buzzsprout, Radio Public, and plenty of others. For providers which can be much less recognized and never detected routinely, you possibly can insert the out there embed code manually.
Presence: versatile WordPress with superior audio playback integration
Presence is one in all our flagship WordPress themes and it’s excellent for podcasts. The theme is multipurpose however initially began as an audio theme, and thus has superior audio playback layouts and options.
Probably the most helpful characteristic in Presence is its cross-page audio playback. Listeners can begin enjoying a podcast episode on one web page and hold that playback going no matter which web page they’re on. This leads to superior consumer expertise.
Presence additionally options web page builder assist, responsive design, and immense flexibility, permitting you to get the remainder of your website trying precisely the way you need – and even use the theme on different web sites, podcast or not.
Subsequent steps: the right way to arrange VideoBox for podcasts
Discovering a WordPress theme is a extremely private alternative and whichever theme you go together with, the necessary subsequent step shall be establishing that theme.
Utilizing VideoBox in your web site is as straightforward as putting in some other WordPress theme. Since all the audio and video options are built-in inside the theme, the means of including your episodes is very easy and intuitive. Furthermore, the theme comes filled with thorough documentation, so that you’re lined both approach.
Get on with the podcast!
That’s your complete guide to picking a WordPress theme for podcasts!
Right here’s a recap of the instruments, suggestions and tips on this submit:
- Earlier than you begin: select the proper content material to your podcast.
- Ensure that your audio high quality is “ok”. It doesn’t should be excellent if you begin.
- Set the standards beforehand when on the lookout for a WordPress theme to your podcast.
- Get the proper theme! We suggest VideoBox.
- Arrange your theme proper by following the detailed directions. Take the time to get this performed correctly.
You’re now outfitted to start out making the episodes and get them in entrance of an viewers that wishes to hear, so why not begin now?
Be part of 50,000 individuals. Get our newest information & releases delivered to your inbox.