Need to use Shopify with WordPress? That’s, show Shopify merchandise on WordPress?
In a whole lot of posts, you see folks examine WordPress and WooCommerce vs Shopify as in the event that they’re all the time two separate platforms. However do you know that it’s truly attainable to use Shopify with WordPress, which sort of provides you the perfect of each worlds?
You get the superior flexibility of WordPress, whereas nonetheless getting the hands-off, maintenance-free, security-handled advantages of Shopify. Plus, it can save you some huge cash on Shopify since you don’t want to pay for the complete Shopify plan – all you want is the $9 per thirty days Shopify Lite plan.
On this publish, you’ll find out how to set it up so that you could seamlessly use Shopify on your WordPress website – no code required.
For those who’ve ever questioned “can you employ Shopify with WordPress”, that is the publish for you.
How Does It Work to Use Shopify With WordPress?
Table of Contents
- How Does It Work to Use Shopify With WordPress?
- Advantages of Utilizing Shopify on WordPress?
- Who Ought to Use Shopify in WordPress?
- What You Want to Use Shopify With WordPress
- How to Use Shopify With WordPress: Step-by-Step Tutorial
- 1. Create Your Shopify Account
- 2. Add Products in Shopify
- 3. Configure Different Shopify Particulars
- 4. Generate Shopify API Keys
- 5. Set up and Activate the WP Shopify Plugin
- 6. Sync Products
- 7. Additional Customise Your Retailer As Wanted
- Begin Utilizing Shopify With WordPress At the moment
To make use of Shopify with WordPress, you should utilize a little-known characteristic referred to as the Shopify Purchase Button. Primarily, this characteristic helps you to show your merchandise on your WordPress website whereas nonetheless dealing with the checkout course of with Shopify.
I additionally advocate a plugin referred to as WP Shopify that additional bridges the hole and helps add some automation to the method by syncing your Shopify merchandise to WordPress. With the Shopify Purchase Button by itself, you would wish to manually add product data to your WordPress website. With the WP Shopify plugin, you may routinely sync particulars between your Shopify retailer and your WordPress website.
The fundamental course of to your buyers appears to be like like this:
- They land on your WordPress website
- Consumers will browse merchandise on your WordPress website.
- Consumers can add merchandise to their cart whereas staying on your WordPress website.
- As soon as they’re prepared to try, they click on the Start checkout button.
- The Start checkout button takes them to the Shopify-hosted checkout web page, the place they enter their cost particulars and end their orders.
You’ll be able to view an instance demo right here.
The fundamental course of for retailer admins appear to be this:
- You add merchandise to your retailer utilizing the Shopify dashboard.
- The WP Shopify plugin syncs these merchandise to your WordPress website. You get a “Products” customized publish kind and every product will get an entry.
- You need to use shortcodes or PHP features to create core WordPress pages, like your major storefront web page.
- You need to use settings to management how your merchandise/store pages take a look at WordPress. Or, you may customise them your self with PHP/CSS.
- You’ll be able to nonetheless use common WordPress plugins (although you can’t use Shopify apps on the front-end).
- When somebody locations an order, the order particulars can be found in your Shopify account (not WordPress). You need to use all of Shopify’s options to deal with success.
Advantages of Utilizing Shopify on WordPress?
When evaluating WordPress and WooCommerce vs Shopify, I’ve all the time thought that the most important distinction is that:
- WordPress is extra versatile since you get full entry to the underlying code and may use the large array of WordPress plugins.
- Shopify is loads easier since you don’t want to fear about upkeep, safety, and many others. It simply “works” and also you don’t have to fear about safely dealing with buyer data.
With this strategy, you sort of get the perfect of each worlds. You continue to get WordPress’ flexibility to management the front-end of your retailer, however you additionally get Shopify’s simplicity on the backend.
Who Ought to Use Shopify in WordPress?
Whereas I feel that there are a whole lot of benefits to this strategy, it’s not proper for each single retailer.
I feel it is a good choice for easy shops or shops the place your entire objective of your website isn’t eCommerce. For instance, perhaps you could have a well-liked weblog the place you additionally need to promote merch. Or perhaps you simply have a small variety of merchandise.
For a heavy-duty, critical eCommerce retailer, I feel you’re higher off going with both WooCommerce or Shopify, moderately than attempting to pair them collectively.
What You Want to Use Shopify With WordPress
To comply with this tutorial, you’ll want a couple of issues:
- A working WordPress website. We’ll assume you’ve already arrange a fundamental WordPress website (or understand how to set it up).
- A Shopify account on the Lite plan. Sure – all you want is the Shopify Lite plan, which solely prices $9 per thirty days (less expensive than the full-featured Shopify plan).
- The WP Shopify plugin. For a really small retailer, you possibly can in all probability skip this plugin and simply manually add the Purchase Button. Nevertheless, when you’ve got a whole lot of merchandise, it is a higher integration I feel. There’s a restricted free model in addition to a full-featured premium model for $80.
How to Use Shopify With WordPress: Step-by-Step Tutorial
With that prolonged introduction out of the way in which, let’s get into the actionable steps of how one can begin utilizing Shopify with WordPress.
The one factor that I’ll assume is that you have already got a WordPress set up prepared to go. If not, you’ll need to buy internet hosting and set up the WordPress software program.
When you’ve accomplished that, right here’s how to knock out the remainder:
1. Create Your Shopify Account
To get began, head to Shopify and register for an account. You’ll be able to strive it out for 14 days without spending a dime, however then you definitely’ll want to pay.
Nevertheless, do not forget that all you want is the Lite plan, which solely prices $9 per thirty days.
2. Add Products in Shopify
When you’ve created your account, you may go to the Products tab in your Shopify dashboard to add the merchandise that you really want to promote by way of your WordPress website:
For extra particulars, try the information on how to add your first product.
3. Configure Different Shopify Particulars
Past merchandise, you’ll additionally need to configure all the opposite backend/logistical settings in Shopify. For instance:
- Cost gateways
- And many others.
For those who’re confused by any of this, try the Shopify Preliminary setup knowledgebase.
4. Generate Shopify API Keys
To attach Shopify to WordPress, you’ll want to generate a set of Shopify API keys. I’ll rapidly cowl this course of, however right here’s a extra detailed video tutorial on how to do that.
Go to the Apps tab in Shopify. Then, click on Handle non-public apps after which Create new non-public app.
Give it a reputation. Then, develop the complete record of permissions and provides your app Learn and write permissions (or simply Learn in some instances) for each permission besides the payment-related permissions.
Then, additionally select the most recent Webhook API Model and test the field to Enable this app to entry your storefront knowledge…
Then, click on Save to show your API keys. Click on Create app within the immediate to affirm.
Then, it’s best to see your API keys – hold these helpful since you’ll want them within the subsequent part.
5. Set up and Activate the WP Shopify Plugin
Subsequent, set up the WP Shopify plugin on your WordPress website. I’m utilizing the free model for this tutorial, however there’s additionally an $80 premium model. You’ll be able to study concerning the characteristic variations between the variations on the pricing web page.
When you’ve activated the plugin, go to WP Shopify → Join. Then, add the API data that you simply created within the earlier step. You will get the Storefront token all the way in which on the backside of the interface that lists your API keys:
When you save your credentials, it’s best to see successful message together with some subsequent steps.
I like to recommend checking the field to Create Product Element Pages. This can create particular person pages for every product on your WordPress website, which provides you an opportunity to rank these pages in Google. Or, you may skip this setting and manually show merchandise utilizing shortcodes.
For those who’re creating product pages, you must also set the Products Hyperlink To drop-down equal to WordPress:
On the following web page, you may configure some fundamental fashion/format choices:
Then, you may configure how the cart/checkout works. In order for you to ship folks instantly to Shopify to try, you may skip the procuring cart – it’s up to you:
6. Sync Products
For those who’re creating standalone product pages on WordPress, you want to manually sync your merchandise. To do this, go to WP Shopify → Instruments and click on Sync Element Pages:
Now, if you go to WP Shopify → Products, it’s best to see the entire merchandise that you simply added in Shopify:
Word that, whilst you can edit product titles/descriptions out of your WordPress dashboard, it’s best to not try this as a result of they are often erased the following time you sync. As a substitute, it’s best to make these modifications by way of the Shopify dashboard after which re-sync your merchandise.
7. Additional Customise Your Retailer As Wanted
At this level, you’re just about completed!
In order for you extra management over your retailer’s format/styling, you may go to WP Shopify → Settings to entry some extra choices:
In any other case, get pleasure from your new Shopify-powered WordPress retailer.
Begin Utilizing Shopify With WordPress At the moment
Utilizing Shopify with WordPress isn’t proper for each single retailer. However for small shops, it is a actually neat strategy that permits you to get the perfect of each worlds with the pliability of WordPress on the front-end and the simplicity of Shopify on the backend/checkout.
What’s extra, it’s fairly inexpensive as a result of it helps you to use the $9 per thirty days Shopify Lite plan. Give it a attempt to see if it really works to your wants.
Do you continue to have any questions on how to use Shopify together with your WordPress website? Ask away within the feedback!