The place’s the social gathering at, folks? Keep secure and wholesome whereas internet hosting occasions, with the assistance of a plugin. That’s proper – we’re right here to discuss concerning the WP Event Manager plugin, the topic of at present’s evaluate.
If you need to host in-person occasions, or higher but host on-line occasions, you want a robust device. One thing that helps you to create an occasion web site like a professional. Whether or not internet hosting on-line or offline occasions, you want a device to assist you and assist with the arduous work behind the scenes. WP Event Manager is one such device.
As an occasion supervisor (or an internet developer creating an occasion administration system), you perceive how taxing issues can get. Stuff can run out of hand and get ugly within the blink of a watch, which disappoints shoppers, and takes cash out of your pocket.
However that principally occurs should you’re all the time attempting to juggle many issues on the similar time. What you want is an occasion administration system that makes your work straightforward. WP Event Manager affords you a number of instruments in a single system so to create your occasion administration platform like a boss.
Within the upcoming sections, we are going to be taught extra about WP Event Manager, discover the options, and test-drive the plugin. With out additional ado, allow us to get it on.
What’s WP Event Manager?
Table of Contents
- What’s WP Event Manager?
- WP Event Manager Key Options
- WP Event Manager Premium Add-Ons & Pricing
- And there may be extra…
- How to Set up WP Event Manager
- The WP Event Manager Editor
- WP Event Manager – All Events & Options
- Add a New Event Organizer
- WP Event Subject Editor
- WP Event Manager Further Settings
- Event Listings
- Event Submission
- Date & Time Format
- Closing Phrases
WP Event Manager is a strong occasion administration plugin for WordPress web sites. The plugin ships with a ton of options and choices to add occasion itemizing performance to your WordPress web site.
Apparently, WP Event Manager stays light-weight and straightforward to use, even with 1,000,000 and one options. It’s excellent for all web site house owners, whether or not you realize code or in any other case.
WP Event Manager is the occasion plugin of alternative for a lot of newbies and builders. Whereas it’s extremely easy-to-use for newbies, it comes with customized submit varieties, a debug mode, endpoints, and templates recordsdata for builders.
Plus it really works with all WordPress themes and performs effectively with your favourite plugins, together with WooCommerce (to promote your tickets), Google Analytics, and extra.
When you’re available in the market for an occasion plugin, you possibly can by no means go unsuitable with WP Event Manager. It’s excellent for all occasion itemizing web sites, massive or small because it’s scalable to a fault.
WP Event Manager is utilized by companies akin to Maastrichter, Digital Boards, StartupRemote, and World Oceans Day, amongst others. You’ll be able to view the intensive WP Event Manager showcase to see the entire superior websites constructed with the plugin.
WP Event Manager is to begin with tremendous straightforward to use. I had it up and working in a matter of minutes. But it surely additionally has a whole lot of customization choices. The sphere editor is basically superior! – Brian Jackson.
With greater than 130ok downloads and 10ok+ energetic installations on the time of writing, it’s proof sufficient that WP Event Manager works as marketed.
The plugin is greatest identified for the next options.
WP Event Manager Key Options
As I all the time opine, any plugin is barely as helpful because the options it affords. On the similar time, you solely need to stick with plugins that present you the performance you want with out characteristic bloat. WP Event Manager affords you all of the options to add occasion itemizing performance with out getting in your method. It’s intuitive.
Right here, a small record of the options to count on in WP Event Manager.
- Totally responsive design – Your occasions look stunning and work easily on a number of gadgets, be it cell or desktop.
- Wonderful assist for all main browsers
- Ajax-ready for clean occasion shopping
- search engine optimization pleasant and suitable with search engine optimization plugins
- Filterable and searchable occasion listings
- Backend and frontend occasion submission (The latter helps your guests to submit and handle occasions with out accessing WordPress admin)
- Event previews earlier than going dwell
- Event classes
- RSS feeds
- Customized occasion fields
- A ton of shortcodes, widgets, and template tags to add occasions anyplace in your web site
- Full caching assist to load your occasions sooner.
- Plenty of documentation and tutorials
- Ongoing assist and updates
- Multi Organizer & Venue characteristic
- And Extra
WP Event Manager Premium Add-Ons & Pricing
That’s not the top of it. Whereas the bottom code is 100% free, there are a lot of WP Event Manager premium add-ons that value anyplace between $19 and $99.
Premium add-ons aid you to add further options to your occasions, which leads to higher person engagement and extra gross sales. Listed here are a few of the premium add-ons obtainable for WP Event Manager.
- Calendar – Permits you to show upcoming occasions in your web site ($39/yr Private license for a single web site; $99/yr Developer license for 5 web sites)
- Google Maps – Helps your customers to discover occasions by location. The add-on additionally allows proximity occasion search in your web site ($39/yr Private; $99/yr Developer)
- Registrations – Customers can register to occasions utilizing a kind, and organizers can view/handle the registrations for his or her dashboard ($39/yr Private; $99/yr Developer)
- WooCommerce Promote Tickets – Promote an infinite variety of occasion tickets through WooCommerce ($39/yr Private; $99/yr Developer)
- Attendee Data – Acquire and record attendee info for higher occasion coordination ($39/yr Private; $99/yr Developer)
- Zoom – The add-on permits you to combine Zoom accounts, handle Zoom conferences, webinars, dwell stream, and promote Zoom conferences through WooCommerce ($39/yr Private; $99/yr Developer)
- WooCommerce Paid Listings – Promote occasions and packages through WooCommerce.
- Recurring Events – Create occasions to repeat day by day, weekly, month-to-month, or yearly ($39/yr Private; $99/yr Developer)
- Event Alerts – Guests can select to obtain common occasion alerts through electronic mail ($39/yr Private; $99/yr Developer)
- Bookmarks – Logged in customers can bookmark occasions permitting them to save their favourite occasions ($19/yr Private; $49/yr Developer)
- Embeddable Event Widgets – Event organizers can create embeds with out writing code. You’ll be able to show your occasion embeds wherever you need, together with Fb, amongst different locations ($19/yr Private; $49/yr Developer)
And there may be extra…
- Colours – Set a customized colour for every occasion sort or class. You’ll be able to customise the colour of textual content and backgrounds ($39/yr Private; $99/yr Developer)
- Sliders – Create a responsive owl carousel and different varieties of sliders to your occasion listings ($19/yr Private; $49/yr Developer)
- Event Tags – Add tags to your occasions and make them straightforward to search ($19/yr Private; $49/yr Developer)
- Contact Organizer – The add-on permits you to add a contact kind that helps customers to contact occasion organizers with out frustrations ($19/yr Private; $49/yr Developer)
- Export Events – Are you wanting to backup or switch your occasions? In that case, Export Events is the WP Event Manager add-on you want ($39/yr Private; $99/yr Developer)
- iCal – The add-on allows you to show your occasions on Google Calendar amongst different calendar apps ($39/yr Private; $99/yr Developer)
- Google Recaptcha – Simply add Google Recaptcha in your occasions web site to cease spamming ($39/yr Private; $99 Developer)
- Google Analytics – The add-on permits you to add Google Analytics monitoring to measure occasions and interactions in your web site ($19/yr Private; $49/yr Developer)
- Emails – The add-on sends electronic mail notifications to occasion organizers when an occasion is submitted, authorized, or expires ($19/yr Private; $49/yr Developer)
Observe: All license varieties are billed yearly, however you possibly can cancel your subscription at any time in your WP Event Manager account web page. Nevertheless, they don’t provide a refund coverage.
You should buy any add-on you need individually or buy a reduced bundle package deal. On the time of writing, WP Event Manager affords a Private Bundle Bundle with all add-ons for $235/yr (usually $640/yr). The Developer Bundle Bundle is presently retailing at $499/yr (usually $1630/yr). You want to renew yearly to obtain updates and assist.
Within the subsequent part, we are going to be taught to set up and test-drive WP Event Manager. It’s often essentially the most thrilling half.
How to Set up WP Event Manager
WP Event Manager is on the market as a free plugin on WordPress.org. Meaning you possibly can set up it straight inside your WordPress admin, which is extremely straightforward.
Log in to your WordPress admin and navigate to Plugins > Add New:
Subsequent, enter “WP Event Manager” within the search field, and hit Set up Now, as we spotlight beneath.
After that, click on to Activate.
Subsequent, click on Please replace now to replace your database:
Subsequent, hit the Improve button to provoke the database replace:
As soon as your database upgrades profitable, you will notice:
After that, click on the Event Manager menu merchandise to open the dashboard. Subsequent, click on Add New to add your first occasion, as we element beneath.
Doing so leads you to the occasion editor, the place you possibly can add your occasion particulars.
The WP Event Manager Editor
And as you possibly can see, WP Event Manager is already suitable with the WordPress block editor, aka Gutenberg.
On the above web page, enter your occasion title, description, and scroll down to the Event Information part:
Below the Event Information part, you possibly can add a whole lot of particulars about your occasion, together with:
- Select whether or not or not it’s a web-based occasion.
- Set occasion location
- Outline the occasion begin date/time and finish date/time
- Add an occasion banner and registration electronic mail/URL
- Assign organizers (Observe: you need to first add organizers by navigating to Event Manager > Organizers in WordPress admin)
- Make the occasion a featured itemizing.
- Set occasion registration deadline and expiry
Add your occasion particulars and information as you see match and shift your consideration to the Doc block to the suitable:
From the part, you possibly can set occasion class, sort, and thumbnail. It’s extremely straightforward to arrange since WP Event Manager comes with pre-defined classes and kinds. Plus, you possibly can add a brand new occasion class and kind proper there after which.
After configuring your occasion as you see match, click on Publish:
Bear in mind, you possibly can preview your occasion earlier than publishing, or save as a draft for later.
Now, if I view my occasion on the frontend, I see this:
Discover the Upcoming Events widget I added to the sidebar? It’s fairly good.
WP Event Manager widgets are straightforward to add. You’ll be able to entry the widgets by navigating to Look > Widgets in your WordPress admin dashboard:
Creating occasions in WP Event Manager is super-duper straightforward. You don’t write any code; enter your occasion particulars, click on just a few buttons, and also you’re good to go 🙂
Again to the WP Event Manager inside WordPress admin, allow us to cowl extra choices.
WP Event Manager – All Events & Options
As you possibly can see, the pattern occasion we simply created is true there. As you create extra occasions, they seem within the above display for simpler administration.
Now, allow us to add a brand new organizer to illustrate how the entire thing works.
Add a New Event Organizer
Navigate to Event Manager and click on Organizers:
Subsequent, click on Add New within the Organizers web page:
On the following display, you may have loads of choices to add a brand new organizer:
Right here, some notes concerning the above picture:
- Add the organizer’s title right here
- Enter the organizer’s bio right here
- Set the organizer’s emblem (or profile image)
- Add extra particulars concerning the organizer, together with electronic mail, web site, and social media profiles
- Click on Publish
And that’s it; you’ve added a brand new occasion organizer efficiently. Now, you possibly can assign the organizer to any occasion while you’re creating the occasion.
Now, if I view my occasion within the frontend, I see organizer data on the backside:
We’re transferring on swiftly.
WP Event Subject Editor
When you’d like to add customized fields to seize extra info, navigate to Event Manager > Subject Editor.
On the following web page, you possibly can edit current fields and add new ones simply:
Now, allow us to head over to the Settings web page.
WP Event Manager Further Settings
Navigate to Event Manager and click on Settings. From right here you possibly can have a whole lot of choices to customise your WP Event Manager expertise:
Allow us to go over every tab briefly.
Below the Common tab, you possibly can:
- Select to show organizers on occasions
- Allow an possibility to show the venue (location) on occasions
- Choose to delete WP Event Manager information when the plugin is deleted
- Enter your Google API Key should you’ll use Google Maps in your occasions
The Event Listings web page permits you to outline how occasions are listed in your web site. You’ll be able to:
- Set the variety of occasions to show per web page
- Select to disguise/present canceled and expired occasions
- Activate occasion class and kind multi-select
- Configure the occasion class and kind filter
Below the Event Submission tab, you may have loads of choices to arrange how organizers submit occasions to your web site.
You’ll be able to:
- Drive customers to create an account to submit listings. If disabled, customers can submit occasions with out an account.
- Drive customers to create a username and password when creating an account.
- Select the default function for all new customers. We advocate setting this to the Organizer.
- Average new listings and mechanically delete expired listings after 30 days.
- Allow occasion classes, varieties, and ticket costs for itemizing and submission kinds.
Subsequent, we now have the Pages tab.
The Pages tab permits you to outline default pages for varied elements of the WP Event Manager. Listed here are the obtainable pages:
- Submit occasion kind web page
- Event dashboard web page
- Event itemizing web page
- Login web page URL
- Venues web page
- Submit organizer kind web page
- Organizer dashboard web page
N/B: You need to first create the web page you need to use by including the shortcodes. It’s extremely straightforward. As an instance, allow us to create a submit occasion kind web page.
Right here we go.
Navigate to Pages > Add New:
Within the web page editor, please enter a title (ours is Submit Event), drop the [submit_event_form] shortcode into the physique of the web page, and click on Publish, as proven beneath.
If I view my Submit Event web page on the frontend, I’ll see this:
You create the opposite pages we talked about equally. Simply title your web page, paste the shortcode, and hit the publish button. Now, we solely want to inform WP Event Manager the web page we’re utilizing to submit occasions.
Return to the Pages tab, i.e., Event Manager > Settings > Pages:
Click on the drop-down subsequent to Submit Event Kind Web page, and select the brand new web page you simply created:
Subsequent, scroll down and click on Save Modifications:
Professional Tip: Repeat the method for the opposite pages 🙂 It’s so simple as A, B, C that I don’t count on you to run into any issues. Plus, all of the shortcodes you want can be found on the above web page.
Date & Time Format
The final tab, Date & Time Format, helps you to set the date and time codecs to your occasions. It’s simple and fairly self-explanatory.
When you’d like to view the obtainable WP Event Manager add-ons, navigate to Event Manager > Add-ons:
We lined add-ons earlier, so I gained’t dwell on that.
WP Event Manager is a fully-customizable and highly effective occasion plugin for all WordPress web sites. It affords you loads of choices to create distinctive event-listing web sites immediately. You don’t want prior coding information to use WP Event Manager. It’s intuitive and simple.
The free model is already highly effective, however should you want to lengthen your occasion web site, you may have a dozen sensible add-ons at your disposal. Configuring the entire thing is extremely simple; you need to be up and working very quickly. Truthfully, I can’t wait to see what you create with WP Events Manager.
We hope our evaluate provided you a clearer image of a WordPress occasion plugin like no different. Did we miss one thing? Have questions relating to WP Events Manager? I might be monitoring the remark part for the following 24 hours, so please share your ideas!