With the world economic system teetering like a drunken sailor today, many companies are starting to understand one factor—they want a strong on-line presence. For builders, notably WordPress builders, this implies extra job alternatives (particularly WordPress developer jobs)—particularly for these searching for distant jobs that afford you the chance to work from the consolation of your personal residence.
So for those who’re a WordPress developer and questioning the place precisely to search out these sorts of jobs, you’ve come to the best place. We’re going to interrupt down the entire greatest web sites to search out WordPress developer jobs, and stroll by actionable recommendation to assist enhance your possibilities of getting employed.
Consider it or not, WordPress developer jobs are literally a dime a dozen on-line—you simply should know the place to search for the best-paid jobs (with purchasers which might be nice to work with). Whether or not you’re searching for freelance WordPress developer jobs or full-time distant work, this curated listing of WordPress developer job websites will assist you discover your dream job this yr.
14 WordPress Developer Jobs Sites to Get Properly-Paid Work in 2022
Table of Contents
- 14 WordPress Developer Jobs Sites to Get Properly-Paid Work in 2022
- How a lot demand is there for WordPress builders?
- Can I get distant (or freelance) WordPress developer jobs?
- What’s a mean WordPress developer job wage?
- Learn how to Land Your Subsequent WordPress Developer Job (in 5 Actionable Steps)
- 1. Strengthen Your Onerous and Smooth Expertise
- WordPress Developer Onerous Expertise
- WordPress Developer Smooth Expertise
- 2. Construct a Stable Portfolio of Work Samples
- 3. Strategically Develop Your On-line Presence
- 4. Polish Your Resume
- 5. Put together for Your Job Interview
- WordPress Developer Jobs: Nonetheless a Profitable Profession in 2022?
Disclosure: Please notice that a number of the hyperlinks beneath are affiliate hyperlinks and at no extra price to you, I’ll earn a fee. Know that I solely suggest services I’ve personally used and stand behind. If you use one in every of my affiliate hyperlinks, the corporate compensates me, which helps me run this weblog and preserve all of my in-depth content material freed from cost for readers (such as you).
Now shortly earlier than we dive into our listing of the perfect WordPress developer job websites, I wish to cowl a number of of essentially the most steadily requested questions I get from readers that wish to land a paid WordPress job. If you would like solutions to those questions, simply click on to broaden every of Q&As beneath:
How a lot demand is there for WordPress builders?
WordPress is without doubt one of the hottest content material administration techniques (CMS) on the planet. That’s why 37.8% of all websites on the Web are powered by WordPress. As a WordPress developer, that ought to get you excited.
With WordPress being this standard, it means there are tons of WordPress developer Jobs on the market. The demand in your abilities is certainly there. Don’t take my phrase for it. The US Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts that there will probably be a 13% growth in web developer jobs – the best development price throughout all industries.
Can I get distant (or freelance) WordPress developer jobs?
Top-of-the-line issues about WordPress developer jobs is that you would be able to select to work onsite or remotely. Tons of corporations wish to hire remote developers and because the world turns into a much bigger world village due to quicker web connections and higher communication instruments and apps, working remotely has by no means been simpler.
So sure, for those who’re searching for distant or freelance WordPress developer jobs, you’ll undoubtedly discover plenty of alternatives.
What’s a mean WordPress developer job wage?
Ah sure, the elephant in the room. What’s the typical WordPress developer job wage?
The typical WordPress developer wage can differ rather a lot because of many alternative components similar to geographical location or whether or not you’re a full-time or freelance WordPress developer. Nevertheless, listed here are some numbers to offer you an thought:
- Glassdoor Common WordPress Developer Job Wage: $76,526
- Indeed Common WordPress Developer Job Wage: $59,987
- ZipRecruiter Common WordPress Developer Job Wage: $71,179
- Payscale Common WordPress Developer Job Wage: $51,648
- SimplyHired Common WordPress Developer Job Wage: $47,645
That’s nice for these of us seeking to land a full-time function, however what about freelance or part-time work?
Right here’s a take a look at the typical hourly charges for WordPress developer jobs, in keeping with ZipRecruiter analysis:
In accordance with ZipRecruiter, hourly WordPress developer job charges vary from $23/hr to $75/hr+ and are in fact depending on a number of components, with expertise naturally being one of the important.
Able to get your first (or subsequent) well-paid WordPress developer job? Properly, let’s dive into the perfect WordPress developer job websites you want to be keeping track of this yr.
In case you’re searching for distant WordPress developer jobs, FlexJobs needs to be your first cease on this listing.
Specializing in distant, freelance, and versatile jobs this job board is without doubt one of the most trusted by distant staff the world over. A few causes for this embrace:
- Thorough vetting of posted jobs: This ensures that solely high quality jobs (and dependable employers) are allowed to submit jobs.
- Glorious useful resource library: From methods to write award-winning resumes to thriving as a distant employee, Flexjob’s useful resource library has every part you want to assist you succeed at touchdown gigs and even operating your freelance WordPress developer enterprise.
- Personalised search: Not like many job boards the place you need to sift by many roles to discover a good match, Flexjobs makes it fairly simple. The customized search characteristic ensures that jobs that match your standards are proven first. Belief me, it will prevent loads of time.
All this worth doesn’t come without spending a dime although, as FlexJobs is a paid platform. Nevertheless, this helps weed out low high quality employers (and scammers) in addition to making certain that you just get the very best expertise in your job search. Pricing begins at $6.95 if you wish to take their platform for a one-week spin. Common pricing as a full-featured FlexJobs member goes for:
- $14.95 for 1 month
- $29.95 for 3 months
- $49.95 for 12 months (greatest worth)
In case you’re dedicated to discovering solely the perfect WordPress developer jobs, then FlexJobs could have some nice itemizing for you. The possibilities of discovering your dream job there are fairly excessive.
Subsequent on our listing of the perfect web sites that combination well-paid WordPress developer jobs is SolidGigs.
Run by a crew of freelancer WordPress builders and writers themselves, SolidGigs is a platform that understands the hustle (and frustrations) of freelancing. That’s why it’s an particularly efficient web site for these searching for freelance WordPress developer jobs.
What makes SolidGigs rank excessive on our listing of WordPress developer jobs web sites?
Listed below are a number of causes:
- Nice job alternatives: By curating the highest “1%” of WordPress developer jobs, you’re assured of accessing well-paying dependable jobs.
- Intensive community: SolidGigs companions with loads of massive manufacturers like WordPress, Trello, and lots of different well-known manufacturers. This implies you get early entry to making use of for a number of the greatest WordPress developer jobs as openings come up.
- Invaluable useful resource library: Get mentoring from a number of the most sensible entrepreneurs on the planet by SolidGigs’ huge useful resource library.
Like Flexjobs, SolidGigs is constructed round a subscription mannequin that can require you to take a position $19/month. Nevertheless, by using this link, you will get a 30-day trial for simply $2. Undoubtedly a small value to pay to land a strong WordPress developer gig.
Codeable is without doubt one of the solely job websites devoted to serving to WordPress builders join instantly with their dream purchasers for ongoing, sustained long-term working relationships—making it a prime choose amongst WordPress developer job websites in my ebook.
Let me say proper off the bat although, that this platform is just not for these nonetheless slicing their enamel in the world of WordPress growth. Constructed by WordPress fans, the vetting course of is strict. You’ll should show your price by offering a strong portfolio, move a technical examination, and go on a 45-day trial interval earlier than you change into a fully-fledged member.
Whereas getting accepted could look like loads of work, the fruits are undoubtedly price all the trouble. Right here’s why:
As you possibly can see, there’s no scarcity of WordPress developer jobs on the Codeable platform. That’s as a result of they attempt to preserve issues in favor of builders by having a better variety of purchasers than builders. After all, this implies your possibilities of touchdown your dream job are virtually assured. Oh, and also you’re assured to earn between $70/hour to $120/hour on the initiatives you land.
- The Codeable platform additionally thrives on collaboration amongst specialists, which I really like. They aren’t opponents, they’re colleagues (with a shared Slack channel) who work collectively in order to assist one another and assist their purchasers.
- Codeable’s help crew additionally pre-qualifies initiatives for each WordPress developer job that come in, to make sure specialists have sufficient info to achieve success.
- They don’t do bidding on initiatives, solely estimates (so specialists are paid pretty vs. the bidding wars that may occur on different freelancing websites). Builders on the platform additionally make the lion’s share of every mission that’s accomplished (Codeable solely takes a small payment), which is one other main plus.
Formally beneficial by a number of the greatest WordPress manufacturers (like Woocommerce and Siteground amongst others), you possibly can solely anticipate the cream of the crop in terms of purchasers—and the standard of WordPress developer jobs on Codeable.
What higher place to search out WordPress developer jobs than on the mothership itself—the WordPress developer jobs board.
Being the official WordPress job listings page, you possibly can anticipate this website to be lively. Not solely that, however you may also make certain that there are tons of WordPress developer jobs posted repeatedly too. And each submit is screened earlier than being accepted, making certain that solely high quality jobs are listed.
Being an “every part WordPress” job board, you’ll discover jobs in each class, together with net and plugin growth and the rest WordPress associated. However don’t fear, sifting by the totally different jobs is simple due to the search bar and a easy menu that permits you to select which kind of jobs you’re searching for.
So go forward, head over to the WordPress Jobs board. Who is aware of, your subsequent WordPress developer job would possibly simply be there.
On the lookout for distant WordPress developer jobs? Then Working Nomads is without doubt one of the prime job boards that must be in your radar this yr.
Whereas the platform is a common job board, a lot of the jobs listed are in growth. And gaining access to them is as simple as visiting the web site and looking for WordPress developer jobs and selecting those that go well with you. One factor that Working Nomads did nicely is color-coding the totally different job classes. This makes it simple so that you can shortly spot jobs in your class.
No time to spend on scouring numerous totally different WordPress developer job websites?
Working Nomads helps you out as you possibly can signal as much as obtain e mail notifications of the most recent jobs posted. This may assist you change into the early chook that catches the fats worms.
One other web site to take a look at for paid WordPress work is We Work Remotely. Being one of many largest distant work communities in the world, you’re sure to search out a number of the coolest WordPress developer jobs there.
We Work Remotely is utilized by prime startups a nicely as established manufacturers like Google, InVision, Amazon and extra. This implies the roles you get on this platform are sure to be well-paid as these manufacturers typically have deep pockets to spend on advertising and marketing. And so they should as posting a job on this platform prices $299. So you possibly can wager on the truth that all the roles (and types) on We Work Remotely are the cream of the crop.
Whereas most jobs on We Work Remotely are distant, yow will discover freelance WordPress developer jobs in addition to full-time ones.
Toptal is one other of the only a few web sites which might be very devoted to offering WordPress developer jobs (and servicing purchasers that want nice WordPress assist).
Since they promise the manufacturers the “prime 3% of freelance WordPress builders”, you could be assured you want to convey your A-game when making use of as a developer. You must also anticipate to undergo an interview and a few evaluation assessments. One benefit of getting on board this platform is that they listing all sorts of WordPress associated jobs. Since their purchasers want WordPress builders, engineers, programmers, coders, architects, and consultants, you’re sure to search out the job that most closely fits you right here.
Due to the excessive requirements maintained by the platform, it’s frequented by main manufacturers like Bridgestone, AirBnB, Shopify, and others. As a developer, as soon as your software is authorised, you’ll should arrange a profile and portfolio. Make sure that to optimize it to enhance your possibilities of touchdown the perfect WordPress developer jobs.
Stack Overflow is without doubt one of the hottest communities for builders all around the world. With a discussion board the place builders can meet to share concepts and assist one another resolve issues, having a job board that connects builders to purchasers is simply pure. And that’s precisely what the Stack Overflow Jobs web page is all about.
Being an internet site constructed by individuals who know tech, Stack Overflow pulls all of the stops to make sure that you get matched to the best jobs. Primarily utilizing AI and superior algorithms, their system makes certain that your profile is put in entrance of the best folks.
One factor you’ll undoubtedly respect about Stack Overflow is that you just get to experience on the coattails of their popularity. Being a widely known entity in the world of growth, many manufacturers belief them in terms of connecting with high quality expertise. That’s why this is without doubt one of the greatest locations to go to for those who’re searching for high quality WordPress growth jobs.
Based in 2010, WPhired is without doubt one of the oldest WordPress-centric job boards round. The brainchild of WordPress fanatic, Jerome Degl’innocenti, it’s the most effective web sites for locating paid WordPress work.
Job posters can listing jobs without spending a dime, however for higher publicity, they’ll choose to pay for his or her job posting to be featured on the homepage. As a developer, you don’t pay something to entry the platform. You can too subscribe to obtain notifications of the most recent jobs through e mail or RSS feed.
Not like a lot of the web sites devoted to paid WordPress work, WPhired additionally caters for WordPress builders who’re simply getting began. They do that by additionally itemizing internship jobs that will help you acquire expertise in addition to construct a strong portfolio. For the veterans, you possibly can select various kinds of WordPress developer jobs from full-time to part-time and even freelance WordPress developer jobs.
Remotees is one other common job board however definitely price trying into for those who’re searching for the perfect web sites for paid WordPress work.
Remotees has a easy consumer interface that makes it simple so that you can discover WordPress developer jobs with out having to undergo all the roles listed. What’s extra, they’ve a cool characteristic that permits you to seek for jobs by corporations. This helps you goal the precise match jobs you’re searching for.
One factor to notice about Remotees, nevertheless, is that they combination jobs from throughout. It’s not a job board by itself. It’s nonetheless web site to take a look at because it places all of the listed jobs on-line on one easy-to-use platform.
Hubstaff is a time monitoring and productiveness device that helps make it simpler for workers who work on an hourly foundation to trace the hours they need to invoice. Being a widely known entity in the recruitment trade, it’s solely becoming additionally they have a job board that does fairly nice at pulling in related WordPress developer jobs too—Hubstaff Expertise.
A giant benefit of Hubstaff Expertise is that it’s a world model. Consequently, they listing jobs from manufacturers all around the world. And with the roles being principally distant, it turns into simpler to land freelance work and distant WordPress developer jobs.
The one caveat to Hubstaff Expertise is that every one relationships with purchasers are dealt with through the platform. This implies you need to create a profile and add your resume on the platform. You then use your profile to use for jobs and to speak along with your purchasers. That being mentioned, nevertheless, the platform is 100% free to make use of – for each employers and job seekers.
Merely Employed is without doubt one of the greatest job boards round. That makes it rank among the many greatest web sites for paid WordPress work.
One of many issues that units Merely Employed aside from different job boards is that it equips you with many instruments that will help you succeed in your quest to land gigs. One such device price mentioning is their resume builder. Merely fill in the data wanted and you may apply for jobs simply proper from the platform. This makes it simple to use to many roles with out the trouble of getting to add your resume a number of instances. One other nice characteristic you’ll love on Merely Employed is that almost all job listings include an estimate of how a lot you’ll earn for that job.
Guru has carved a reputation for itself in the world of recruitment. That’s as a result of the platform vets each job seekers and employers to make sure that excessive requirements are maintained.
Signing up and making a profile on Guru is free. However to extend your possibilities of touchdown the perfect WordPress developer jobs, you possibly can go for their paid membership plans that begin at $11.95/month. The important thing to touchdown the perfect WordPress developer jobs on Guru is to shine your profile and showcase your running a blog abilities and WordPress skills.
One cause Guru is liked by many freelancers is that the 9% (5% on a number of the paid plans) fee they take per accomplished is without doubt one of the lowest. This implies you’re left with a much bigger chunk of your hard-earned cash.
One other web site you want to examine when looking for WordPress developer jobs is ZipRecruiter.
Whereas it’s a common job board, you may also discover a number of the greatest WordPress developer jobs because the platform is without doubt one of the most trusted recruitment platforms in the world. All you need to do to get began is create a free account and profile and also you’re good to go. Discovering your dream job on ZipRecruiter is simple as you possibly can filter jobs in keeping with location, key phrase, and even wage.
So, whether or not you’re searching for full-time onsite work or distant freelance WordPress developer jobs, ZipRecruiter is certainly one of many websites it is best to frequent due to the sheer quantity of latest postings they get.
Learn how to Land Your Subsequent WordPress Developer Job (in 5 Actionable Steps)
Whereas the trade for WordPress developer jobs is without doubt one of the fastest-growing employment sectors right this moment, touchdown a nice job is just not a assure. You must set your self up for fulfillment and place your self nicely to be an interesting candidate to top quality purchasers. Listed below are 5 actionable steps you possibly can take to do precisely that.
1. Strengthen Your Onerous and Smooth Expertise
To enhance your possibilities of touchdown your subsequent WordPress developer job, you could work on perfecting your onerous and gentle abilities. Listed below are a number of you want to grasp to get you began.
WordPress Developer Onerous Expertise
- Coding languages:WordPress builders which might be in demand are those that can write customized code. Make sure that to maintain updated on present design languages (notably PHP, CSS, HTML, and JAVA) and greatest practices. After all, your language(s) of selection will enormously affect which space(s) of WordPress growth you’ll main in.
- Proficiency in utilizing growth instruments: WordPress growth requires that you understand how to make use of numerous instruments like DevKinsta, Roots, DesktopServer, XAMPP, and Local amongst others. Data of frameworks like Bootstrap and React can also be an enormous benefit.
- Gutenberg Block Constructing: Launched on the finish of 2018, Gutenberg permits builders to simply work with web sites utilizing “blocks”. Constructing customized blocks has quick change into one of many required abilities in WordPress growth.
- Enterprise abilities: Significantly for those who’re searching for freelance WordPress growth jobs, you’ll want to shine up your enterprise abilities. In addition to serving to you run your personal enterprise, it’ll assist you preserve abreast of market developments and developments. This may assist you develop web sites that succeed in attaining targets.
WordPress Developer Smooth Expertise
- Communication: It is a massive one as you’ll want to obviously perceive consumer necessities in addition to talk your personal wants.
- Time administration: In case your initiatives are to get to market on time, you’ll should be a grasp at time administration. Impress your purchasers by not simply assembly deadlines however by beating them.
- Development mindset: The world of WordPress growth is continually altering – and that at a really quick tempo. To stay related, you could have a development mindset. This merely means you should be keen to take a position in all the time bettering your abilities and studying new issues.
Sprucing up each your onerous and gentle abilities will assist you change into an in-demand WordPress developer. You’ll by no means run wanting WordPress growth jobs to maintain you busy and well-fed.
2. Construct a Stable Portfolio of Work Samples
Making a portfolio to showcase your strengths and abilities is one other essential step you possibly can’t afford to miss for those who’re hoping to extend your possibilities of touchdown well-paid WordPress developer jobs. That is the place many rookies get stumped, however give it some thought this fashion… would you wish to rent somebody with out seeing clear proof of their high quality of labor? The excellent news is that constructing a portfolio is simple—right here’s how.
- Do free work: Doing free work in your native non-profit or different small companies is without doubt one of the quickest methods to construct a portfolio. Make sure that to get a written testimonial too.
- Construct your personal web sites: One easy technique to showcase your WordPress growth abilities is to construct a number of websites that you just’ll use as examples of what you’re in a position to do.
- Apply for WordPress developer internships: That is one of the simplest ways to construct your portfolio whereas experiencing what it’s wish to work in a fast-paced atmosphere.
Make sure that to additionally construct your personal portfolio website (and/or begin a weblog) the place you’ll be capable of showcase all of the initiatives you’ve labored on and speak a bit about them too.
3. Strategically Develop Your On-line Presence
Your on-line presence is a vital side to think about in your journey to turning into a wanted WordPress developer. A easy approach to do that consists of beginning your personal weblog and being lively on social media.
Nevertheless, you’ll should watch out what you submit on all platforms, notably on social media. It’s because every part you do on-line has an affect on the general notion recruiters have of you. That’s particularly since analysis exhibits that about 43% of employers screen candidates through social media.
4. Polish Your Resume
Your resume is a vital asset in your job looking endeavors. That’s why you could make investments time in sharpening yours till it outshines. Just a few tips that will help you try this embrace:
- Maintain it brief and easy: One web page resumes are the perfect – recruiters don’t wish to know every part about you out of your resume.
- Embody related info: Make sure that to all the time tweak your resume in keeping with the WordPress developer job you’re making use of for. Do that by together with technical abilities, information, and experiences which might be related to the job.
- Use the best key phrases: What key phrases did the recruiter/job poster use in their job itemizing? Use these key phrases in your resume. These could be abilities or duties/duties talked about in the job description. Most recruiters use software program to kind out resumes and resumes that embrace key phrases are those that get picked.
Your resume could be brief, but it surely nonetheless has a big impact in your possibilities of getting employed. So, make investments loads of time into making certain it shines.
5. Put together for Your Job Interview
Interviews could be nerve-wracking. However for those who’ve ready nicely, the strain will probably be much less. So how do you put together for a WordPress developer job interview? Right here a number of suggestions that will help you out:
- Examine the job submit: Know what the employer desires and make that the muse of your preparation. Deal with the abilities that you just’ll be required to make use of repeatedly.
- Examine the corporate: Go to their web site and attempt to see the place you possibly can assist make it higher. Try to get perception into their tradition as this will additionally offer you an edge over different candidates.
- Put together to reply fundamental WordPress questions: These can vary from historical past to options and features and something WordPress. Don’t concentrate on advanced questions and get disqualified due to the fundamentals.
Whether or not it’s an in-person interview or distant video interview, being ready in your dialog in advance, is totally essential to touchdown a well-paid WordPress developer job—whether or not freelance or full-time.
WordPress Developer Jobs: Nonetheless a Profitable Profession in 2022?
With so many DIY strategies of beginning a weblog and making an internet site, together with the numerous running a blog instruments which might be making it more and more simple to run a WordPress web site—are WordPress builders a dying breed right this moment? By no means.
Numerous companies will all the time want professionally developed (and maintained) web sites. Meaning they’ll want gifted WordPress builders along with your skillset—individuals who can write customized code and simply troubleshoot any issues they encounter all through the years. Keep in mind, most web sites right this moment are designed with the aim of turning into revenue-generating initiatives, and in order to succeed at that for a sustained time period, they want greater than only a DIY strategy.
Skilled web sites want the assistance of somebody who is aware of precisely what they’re doing.
The underside line is that WordPress growth remains to be a really profitable profession.
So for those who’re searching for well-paid WordPress developer jobs, give an in depth look to the web sites we’ve curated right here above. You would possibly simply be shocked on the variety of WordPress growth jobs you’ll discover.
Oh, and if you wish to dabble in paid writing about your WordPress expertise, try these 36 running a blog job websites to land paid running a blog work right this moment.